• That Place (Bourke Street, Melbourne)

It’s not every day you choose the corner of Hardware Lane and Bourke Street as a meeting place, but it had been the second time that week for me and this time I was the early one, waiting out the front of a popular cafe, deciding I wanted a proper hot meal, and hearing another girl (also meeting her friend for lunch on the corner) voicing the same.

Peeking through the window at That Place’s blackboard menu, I was instantly salivating at their field mushroom and haloumi burger.

“What are you ordering?” My friend asked, after I easily convinced her that this place, That Place, should be our lunch venue.

“The haloumi burger.”

“Oh I knew you were going to say that!”

It seems I am a predictable eater.

We sat outside despite the sudden lack of sun, wanting fresh air but having to dodge the smokers.

Our meals arrived moments later. My friend seemed to enjoy her toasted sandwich.

My burger was on a fluffy, almost brioche type bun. The mushroom had been tastily grilled, full of flavour. The haloumi was soft and fresh, without being too salty. The fresh rocket gave a nice balance. The chips were crispy, crinkle cut and well salted.



Of course the best part of the meal was catching up with my friend who I had not seen for over a year. But the food definitely added to our lunch being a good one.

That Place
408 Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000
03 9602 4777
www.thatplace.net.au
That Place cafe on Urbanspoon